Professional Recognition Awards
If you want to continue your learning and add to your current skills and development – the City and Guilds Professional recognition awards are the next step for you. The awards are offered in industrial, business and professional fields.
Successful learners will be awarded a City & Guilds Award in Professional Recognition at the appropriate level and you will be entitled to use the relevant post-nominal letters after your name.
What are the professional recognition awards?
The Professional Recognition Awards are a vocational route to higher level professional recognition and are:
- Comprehensive – the awards are offered in commercial and professional fields. There are no practical limitations on the areas of employment to which they may be related.
- Progressive – there is a clear line of progression through from Level 4 to Level 7 through the standards.
- Accessible – the awards are open to any candidate who meets the requirements and the standards.
- Competence-based – the awards recognise the practical application of professional skills, knowledge and understanding in employment. They offer an employment-based route to higher level qualifications.
Typical expectations at level 4
- Have first line responsibility for managing day to day activities
- Manage resources in own area of responsibility
- Constructively work with others to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships
- Identify and access opportunities for professional development
- Be able to apply professional standards* in own area of responsibility
- Communicate effectively and manage information in line with organisational and legal requirements
- Consistently meet aims and objectives
- Exercise autonomy and judgement in work role
- Consider the views and perspectives of others in decision making
- Address problems that are well-defined but non-routine
Available routes at level 4
Once you have determined what level you are working at, choose the most appropriate ‘route’.
The title will appear at the end of your qualification, e.g.
City & Guilds Level 4 Award
Professional Recognition in Leadership and Management.
Professional Recognition Award Standards
- Commitment to Professional Standards
- Communication and Information Management
- Professional Development
- Working with Others
- Managing Customer Relationships