Body clipping can range from just a couple of areas to removing the whole coat. The goal of this service is to create a flexible, comfortable, and low-maintenance look for your cat. It’s a common service with a beautiful finish, and one we often recommend.
Body clipping can be requested by the owner as a preference or because the coat is matted and requires removal.
Body clipping entails removing only matts in order to save as much coat as possible. The coat left behind will usually cover the areas removed.
Lion trimming consists of removing all of the panel/sanitary and body coat from the shoulders to the base of the tail.
Extended Lion Trim consists of removing all panels/sanitary and coat from the top of the neck to the base of the tail.
Plume Tail Leaving the whole tail from the base to the tip.
Clipping 2/3 of the tail and leaving the lion pom on the tip of the tail.
On all trims, the hair on the legs will be left on – usually just below the elbow.
We have been grooming cats for over 30 years.
Matting has to be cut away from underneath
Matting is uncomfortable for cats
Short areas clipped away can be covered by long areas
Lion trims are low maintenance for the right cats
Please call us. We have a dedicated team of specialists to help you. Call 020-8857-2888
We groom cats on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Book online or call us now to get your cat groomed.
Don’t delay if you need help with your cat’s coat maintenance.
Call us. We can help!
- We recommend resisting any cutting of the coat if possible, as not only does it spoil the natural beauty of the cat, but it causes the hair to grow back thicker and longer, and sometimes can stunt the regrowth!
- Matted hair is uncomfortable for a cat and needs to be clipped off the cat by a professional.
- Never use scissors on a cat; their skin is extremely loose and thin and can be cut easily.
- If left, matts will restrict the movement of the cat and tear the hair out of the skin.
- Once matting is removed, damaged skin is often uncovered where hair has been pulled out.
- After matt removal, please discuss with our groomer a future grooming plan to avoid further matting.
- Regular grooming avoids matting, keeps the skin healthy, and makes cats happy.
What our Customers say...
Some shortcuts to assist in navigating the website more conveniently.