The staff at Absolutely Animals are keen dog and cat lovers, they share in the same passion for ensuring the happiness and welfare of your pet and their coat care.
All the staff at Absolutely Animals update their knowledge and further their skills by improving qualifications and attending seminars both in the UK and abroad. The most up to date techniques and equipment is used on your pets ensuring they have a safe and content time during their grooming session.
The staff at Absolutely Animals are eagerly waiting to meet you and your pet.
Heidi Anderton - Principal, Head Groomer, Tutor
Heidi has been around dogs all her life and has two pet dogs at the moment, two poodles.
Heidi has operated Absolutely Animals since she founded it in 1995
Heidi believes that continual training and skills gained in seminars, examinations, demonstrations and competitions are important in delivering a quality service to Absolutely Animals customers as well as maintaining modern styles.
Heidi invests in the most up to date equipment, techniques and skills to make the grooming experience an enjoyable one for you and your pet.
Your pets enjoyment and experience of their grooming time is paramount to all the staff at Absolutely Animals.
Heidi also leads the team in the cat grooming services adapting the options to suit all our feline friends and their owners
Heidi is a highly qualified and multiple award-winning pet groomer both in the UK and abroad, including:
- City and Guilds Qualified level 3 in dog grooming 1995
- Higher Diploma in dog grooming 2005
- Member of Guild of Master Groomers 2005 – 2014
- LCGI – Level 4 City and Guilds 2007
- Best in Show – British Groomer of the Year 2004
- Groom Team England Member 2009-2011
- Best in Show – Irish Professional grooming show 2014
- International Certified Master Groomer – 2017
- International Grooming Judge
Christine Anderton - Head Groomer and Tutor
Christine has been involved in the salon from the age of 3 and has an exceptional talent for one so young. She has a special affinity for animals and is first class in the art of dog and cat grooming.
Christine has her full City and Guilds level 3 in Dog Grooming and is also fully qualified in teaching and assessing.
Christine is a multi International award winning groomer:
- Beginner Class – Toy Poodle First Place – Dutch United Groomers, Netherlands 2010
- Young Kennel Club Groomer of the Year – Crufts 2011
- Experienced Class – Terrier First Place – Groomer of the Year – 2011
- Experienced Class – Poodle First Place – Mastergroom – 2015
- Champion Class – Poodle 3rd place – Mastergroom – 2016
- Champion Class – Poodle 2nd place – The Grooming Show – 2017
- Pet Stylist of the Year – British Isles Grooming Association 2018
- Champion Class – Poodle 3rd Place – Groomania International Show in Belgium
Nicole Whittle - Groomer and Tutor
Nicole has been working at Absolutely Animals for the past 3 years and is a keen animal lover.
Showing a special affinity with dogs and cats you will see her attend to all their grooming needs.
Nicole has already passed her level 2 in dog grooming as well as her level 3. Nicole also has a level 3 teaching certificate.
With her cheery smile and fun loving character, Nicole is always on hand to help.
Kay Martin - Groomer and Support Worker
Kay has worked with Absolutely Animals for over four years now and is an important part of the team.
You may often hear from Kay as she sees to a lot of our customer care.
Kay has a Poochon of her own, Daisy and Pandora the Bichon.
Kay has passed her level 3 Introductory and her level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming.
Kay also has a level 3 teaching award.
Callum Anderton - Groomer and Tutor
Callum has completed his level 2 and level 3 in dog grooming.
Eddie is the Grandson of Heidi’s poodle Prada and Callum’s personal dog. You may see him at the salon on your visit.
Perry Anderton - Administrator
Perry is the fourth Anderton to join the team. Perry loves dogs and has always been around dogs and cats.
You may see Perry in the shop at times as he works in the background and enables the running of the shop.