An award-winning and industry leading pet grooming businses providing exemplary grooming services to all dogs and cats, no matter their size.
We offer this fun and informative course to provide you with the skills necessary to look after your own loved pets. We will show you how to maintain your own cat between professional grooming services or learn the skills of styling that you can carry out at home.
It takes half a day to do this course with any cat.
By completing this course you will:
- Experience the process of your cat in the salon
- Develop a deeper understanding with your cat
- Be more confident handling and grooming your cat
- Learn all the tools, techniques and handling your cat requires
You will cover:
- Basic health and safety for you and your cat during grooming, using the appropriate personal protective equipment and hygiene.
- Health check your cat, recognising changes in the body or external foreign bodies.
- Brushing and combing correctly for the coat type and character of your cat.
- Wet and dry bathing and drying techniques using the correct shampoos and conditioners.
- Learning styling techniques appropriate for your cat. Clipping, scissoring and shaping.
- Handling your cat during grooming and promoting it as a pleasurable process for you both
Regular grooming of your pet has many benefits including:
- Valuable time with your pet
- Maintaining the coat and health of your pet
- Preventing matting
- A healthy coat and skin
- Prevents natural-oil build-ups on the skin and fur
- Save yourself grooming and vets fees by learning to groom your own pet
Read our blogs on courses we provide...
Groom Your Own Cat
Courses are for half a day which means one session in the morning or afternoon. Long-haired or short-haired are both the same duration.
Upon completing the application form, you will be contacted by a member of Absolutely Animals about the course and getting started. Completing this form does not require you to continue the course. All the terms are set out. You can pay for the course via the shop.
*Price does not include the cost of grooming the cat.
£100+ Inc. VAT
What our students have to say about groom your own pet courses...
Sarah and Splodge's Cat Story 2020
"Wow! What a great experience! When I took my cat in this morning she had matts all over her back legs and smaller knots throughout her coat. I have tried every technique I knew in trying to get them ...
Georgina and Speedy's Story 2019
"I signed up for the half day groom your own cat course and am so glad I did because Heidi and Kay were fantastic! They were friendly and knowledgeable and I would recommend this course to all cat own...
A Shaggy Dog Story 2019
"3 years ago I decided after having many dogs that required grooming that I would quite like to learn how to groom them myself. After extensive research I found a grooming school , Absolutely animals,...
Barbara's story 2018
"As a long term owner of ‘curly coated dogs’ and as I prefer to clip my own, – particularly those that have anxiety issues, I was keen to learn to do it properly. I chose ‘Absolutely Animals b...
Jola and Spooky the Cockerpoo 2020 Review
"Dear Heidi, Nicole and Christine I would like to thank you all for making us feel so welcome at the afternoon course we attended last week. Having tried to introduce my cockerpoo Spooky to being gr...