Cat Panel & Sanitary Trim
These techniques are a great way to maintain a semi long haired or long haired coat. Especially if your cat is prone to matting underneath or is sensitive to grooming in this area.
Panel Trim – Clipping from under the arms down the soft belly and groin area
Sanitary trim – Clipping around the genitals and the rear area
The cost will depend on the severity of the matting and the temperament of the cat.
- Matted hair is uncomfortable for a cat and needs to be clipped from the cat by a professional
- Never use scissors on a cat, their skin is extremely loose and thin and can be cut easily
- If left mats will restrict movement of the cat and tear the hair out of the skin
- Once matting is removed damaged skin is often uncovered where hair has been pulled out.
- After matt removal please discuss with our groomer a future grooming plan to avoid further matting.
- Regular grooming avoids matting and makes cats happy.