Cat Panel & Sanitary Trim
These techniques are a great way to maintain a semi long haired or long haired coat. Especially if your cat is prone to matting underneath or is sensitive to grooming in this area.
Panel Trim – Clipping from under the arms down the soft belly and groin area
Sanitary trim – Clipping around the groin area, genitals, bottom and tail base
The cost will depend on the severity of the matting and the temperament of the cat.
With both trims, the body is groomed out entirely.
All the top is groomed out
- Matted hair is uncomfortable for a cat and needs to be clipped from the cat by a professional
- Never use scissors on a cat, their skin is extremely loose and thin and can be cut easily
- If left mats will restrict movement of the cat and tear the hair out of the skin
- Once matting is removed damaged skin is often uncovered where hair has been pulled out.
- After matt removal please discuss with our groomer a future grooming plan to avoid further matting.
- Regular grooming avoids matting and makes cats happy.