City and Guilds Dog Grooming Qualifications
City and Guilds qualifications are necessary for people that want to specialise in a technical occupational or an occupational group, including within the business of dog grooming.
At Absolutely Animals, both our Gold and Platinum Dog Grooming Courses include the City and Guilds dog grooming qualification that you require to fulfil a career in the industry. We offer a range of courses, including a Fast Track option for the City and Guilds dog grooming qualification which is specifically aimed at competent dog stylists.
If you’re not sure which of our courses is right for you, have a look through our course pages or get in touch with a member of our team. They’ll be able to talk you through the City and Guilds dog grooming courses that we provide, and discuss the best option for you.
Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants (7763-02) (QCF)
The Level 2 qualification is ideal for anyone looking to begin or build a career in the dog grooming industry. There’s no need for any previous qualifications or experience in dog grooming for this specific course.
Over the 10 day period of the course, you will learn the skills and knowledge you need to become a professional dog groomer, and will ultimately achieve the necessary City and Guilds dog grooming qualification to get to that level.
The 10 day course consists of 6 different units:
- Preparation and grooming of dogs prior to bathing
- Bathing and cleaning dogs
- Cleaning and maintaining grooming equipment
- Controlling and restraining animals
- Drying dogs and preparing coats for styling
- Basic trimming of dogs’ coats
At the end of the course, you will be assessed on each unit by our professional team here at Absolutely Animals, and you will also take an Evolve online test. This is all included in the qualification fee, along with your City and Guilds dog grooming qualification.
Level 3 Diploma For Professional Dog Stylists (7763-03) (QCF)
Please note: New enrolments on the Level 3 course (7763-03) have now ceased. However, if you have not completed the Diploma part of the qualification and still within 3 year time frame since initial enrolment, you can still do this until August 2020.
The Diploma for Professional Dog Stylists is aimed at those who have experience in the dog grooming industry or who have completed a related qualification. If you need help gaining the Diploma or find yourself lacking in experience of handling different types of dogs, our course will help you.
To gain your full qualification, you will need to complete 4 of the units, between the following mandatory units and the optional units.
- Hand stripping a dog (eg. a Border Terrier)
- Styling and trimming a Spaniel’s coat
- Styling and trimming a Long-Legged Terrier
Optional units (choose from one of the two):
- Styling and trimming a Poodle’s coat
- Styling and trimming a Long-Legged Terrier or Miniature Schnauzer
If you only want access to individual units or if you would like a package that is suited to your personal requirements, have a look at the document at the bottom of this section.
The fees for this course include registration, all assessments and the certification itself. We also offer a variation of professional support that is included in the price, including:
- Mock exams
- Individual tuition
- Remote assistance
- Supply of suitable dogs
- Confirmation of your level of expertise to enter the exam
Register by filling in the forms below. If you are bringing your own dogs, please only fill in the form on the ‘Register here’ button.
Browse through the Diploma 7763-03 Qualification Handbook here.
Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming (7863-03) (QCF) - New for 2017!
The newly launched Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming has replaced the previous Level 3 option. The new course can be taken on a 23 day course with the team here at Absolutely Animals.
During the course, you will cover all the necessary skills to progress in a career as a professional dog groomer. The mandatory content covered over the period of 23 days includes:
- Health and safety requirements
- Legislation and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
- Preparing, styling, and finishing a dog’s coat
- Health-checking and handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service and record-keeping in a dog grooming environment
After completing the course, you will be assessed through a written exam which will prove your knowledge and understanding within the qualification, as well as a practical assignment to show the important skills you’ve acquired during the course.
By achieving the ultimate qualification, you demonstrate to future employees or to future customers that you have all the necessary technical skills and knowledge they are looking for when recruiting or seeking professional dog grooming services.
You must have previously completed the Level 2 Dog Grooming course (7763-02) to enrol on this exam. Candidates must also have completed a first aid training day – please see our exams page for animal first aid training days, hosted by an RVN nurse.
Level 2 Certificate in Dog Walking and Pet Sitting - COMING SOON!
The dog walking qualification and pet sitting qualification are valuable certificates of competence to show your customers.
On these short 2 day courses you will gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a competent dog walker and Pet Sitter
This qualification covers the skills you will need to progress to work as a dog walker. Mandatory content covers:
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Professional Dog Walker
- Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Breeds and behaviour
- Walking and controlling a dog
- Problems, injuries and emergencies
****27th and 28th September 2017****
This qualification covers the skills you will need to progress to work as a pet sitter. Mandatory content covers:
Roles and responsibilities of a professional pet sitter
Current legislation and codes of practice
Potential problems and emergencies.
Learners must have achieved a Level 2 Animal related qualification before starting this qualification.(You could complete the Dog Walking Qualification first)
****Dates announced shortly for October*****
- Voted Grooming School of the Year 2015
- Invest in your future with professional training at Absolutely Animals
- Tutors are Qualified and International Award Winning Groomers
- Value for money courses
- Everything you need to groom for a living
- Courses are Quality Assured
- City and Guilds Approved Centre for dog grooming
- Avoid loans – See our pay as you go option
- Follow the link for course and qualification prices