Cat Body Clipping & Lion Trims
Body clipping can range from just a couple of areas to removing the whole coat.
Body clipping can be requested by the owner as a preference or because the coat is matted and requires removal.
Body Clipping – Removing just matts to save as much coat as possible. The coat left behind will usually cover the areas removed.
Lion Trim – Removing all the panel/sanitary and body coat from the shoulders to the base of the tail
Extended Lion Trim – Removing all the panel/sanitary and coat from the top of the neck to the base of the tail
Plume Tail – Leaving the whole tail from the base to the tip
Lion Tail – Clipping 2/3 of the tail and leaving the lion pom on the tip
On all trims, the hair on the legs will be left on – usually just below the elbow.
Matting has to be cut away from underneath
Matting is uncomfortable for cats
Short areas clipped away can be covered by long areas
Lion trims are low maintenance for the right cats
- Matted hair is uncomfortable for a cat and needs to be clipped from the cat by a professional
- Never use scissors on a cat, their skin is extremely loose and thin and can be cut easily
- If matts are not removed they will restrict the movement of the cat and the hair can be torn from the skin
- Once matting is removed damaged skin is often uncovered where hair has been pulled out. Bruising can also occur when the blood begins to flow again properly through the skin.
- After matt removal please discuss with our groomer a future grooming plan to avoid further matting.
- Regular grooming avoids matting and makes cats happy.
- Regular coat removals can bring about stunted regrowth of hair
- Lion trims can be unacceptable to hypersensitive cats
Once we get to know and have groomed your cat, we will be able to advise you on appropriate grooming and handling techniques.
Please call us. We have a dedicated team of specialists to help you. Call 020 8857-2888
We have been grooming cats for
over 30 years.
We groom cats on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Don’t delay if you need
help with your cats coat maintenance.
Call us. We can help!