Cat Body Clipping & Lion Trims
Body clipping can range from just a couple of areas to removing the whole coat.
Body clipping can be requested by the owner as a preference or because the coat is matted and requires removal.
Body Clipping – Removing just matts to save as much coat as possible. The coat left behind will usually cover the areas removed.
Lion Trim – Removing all the panel/sanitary and body coat from the shoulders to the base of the tail
Extended Lion Trim – Removing all the panel/sanitary and coat from the top of the neck to the base of the tail
Plume Tail – Leaving the whole tail from the base to the tip
Lion Tail – Clipping 2/3 of the tail and leaving the lion pom on the tip
On all trims, the hair on the legs will be left on – usually just below the elbow.
Matting has to be cut away
Matting is uncomfortable
Short areas clipped away can
be covered by long areas
- Matted hair is uncomfortable for a cat and needs to be clipped from the cat by a professional
- Never use scissors on a cat, their skin is extremely loose and thin and can be cut easily
- If left mats will restrict movement of the cat and tear the hair out of the skin
- Once matting is removed damaged skin is often uncovered where hair has been pulled out.
- After matt removal please discuss with our groomer a future grooming plan to avoid further matting.
- Regular grooming avoids matting and makes cats happy.
Please call us. We have a dedicated team of specialists to help you. Call 020 8857-2888
We have been grooming cats for
over 30 years.
We groom around 12-15
cats per week
Don’t delay if you need
help with your cats coat maintenance.
Call us. We can help!