Professional Recognition Awards
If you want to continue your learning and add to your current skills and development – the City and Guilds Professional recognition awards are the next step for you. The awards are offered in industrial, business and professional fields.
Successful learners will be awarded a City & Guilds Award in Professional Recognition at the appropriate level and you will be entitled to use the relevant post-nominal letters after your name.
What are the professional recognition awards?
The Professional Recognition Awards are a vocational route to higher level professional recognition and are:
- Comprehensive – the awards are offered in commercial and professional fields. There are no practical limitations on the areas of employment to which they may be related.
- Progressive – there is a clear line of progression through from Level 4 to Level 7 through the standards.
- Accessible – the awards are open to any candidate who meets the requirements and the standards.
- Competence-based – the awards recognise the practical application of professional skills, knowledge and understanding in employment. They offer an employment-based route to higher level qualifications.
Typical expectations at level 4
- Have first line responsibility for managing day to day activities
- Manage resources in own area of responsibility
- Constructively work with others to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships
- Identify and access opportunities for professional development
- Be able to apply professional standards* in own area of responsibility
- Communicate effectively and manage information in line with organisational and legal requirements
- Consistently meet aims and objectives
- Exercise autonomy and judgement in work role
- Consider the views and perspectives of others in decision making
- Address problems that are well-defined but non-routine
Available routes at level 4
Once you have determined what level you are working at, choose the most appropriate ‘route’. The title you choose will appear at the end of your qualification, e.g. City & Guilds Level 4 Award in Professional Recognition (Personal and Professional Skills Development for most applicants).
Leadership and Management
Personal and Professional Skills Development
Learning and Development
Counter Terrorism Security Management
Professional Recognition Award Standards
- Commitment to Professional Standards
- Communication and Information Management
- Professional Development
- Working with Others
- Managing Customer Relationships