Gold Dog Grooming Course
Looking to start up your own dog grooming business with little or no experience? Our Gold Dog Grooming Course is an intensive and fast-track solution made up of 22 days of practical tuition from our professional team.
Here at Absolutely Animals, we pride ourselves on the flexibility of our professional dog grooming courses. We cater for your individual needs and requirements when it comes to training, in terms of your time and other commitments, as well the knowledge you’re in need of.
What it involves
With our 22 day Gold Dog Grooming Course, you will be taught all you need to know to attain the qualifications necessary to become a professional dog groomer. This is typically for the Level 2 certificate, however if you already have the Level 2, you can enrol on the Level 3 instead.
What to expect:
Your training will begin in the morning with a theory-based session, covering:
- The course prospectus
- The course manual
- Our health and safety policies
- Information about your starter pack
You will be carrying out a health check on a pet, underpinning the knowledge that is required to begin your practical sessions.
In the afternoon, you will be observing professional dog styling, bathing and drying in action. This will help you to get a real feel for the environment and give you a chance to meet fellow students and staff members. It’s a hands-on course from day one!
Throughout the rest of the course, you’ll cover:
- General salon skills, from preparation and bathing through to styling and shaping
- Handling and control methods
- Equipment choices
- Breeds and coat styling
- Hand-stripping (terriers, gun dogs and alternative methods)
- Time-saving techniques
- Customer care
- Business start-up advice
- Access to watch and participate in cat grooming
- At-home studies
Great value for money:
Within in the price, all students will receive professional training and course support over the 22 day period, along with other additions, including:
- A full starter pack
- Level 2 Qualification books
- AA Grooming Manual
- AA Styling Assessment
- AA Styling Certificate
- Online/written exam
At the end of the course, you’ll be fully qualified to Level 2 (or Level 3) standards, being able to plan and complete all general salon skills to a professional level. You will also receive our Gold Course certificate and your City and Guilds certificate.
- 22 days of on-site practical tuition and assessments (some demonstrations ma take place)
- Tuition and qualification for the Level 2, plus trimming and styling dogs
- Each student will have access to two dogs per day and theory support
- Minimum of 6-8 days home study
- Includes RVN Animal First Aid course (to be completed as an additional day)
- At the end of the course, you will receive a Gold Course certificate and a City and Guilds certificate
We make sure you have the correct tools for the right job.
Starter kits are included in the cost of the Gold and Platinum courses and are yours to take home at the end of your course.
Wahl Steel Comb Attachment Pack
Large Flexi Slicker Brush
12″ Fine/Coarse Finishing Comb
6″ Fine/Coarse Comb
Fine & Coarse Stripping Knives
Absolutely Animals Manual